Not saying it as we speak...

My unsaid thoughts.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

It's like I'm psychic....

Is it just me, or was thursday's class a complete repeat of what I wrote in wednesday's blog. How interesting am I??? Anyway, I really just wanted to make a comment about a statement that was made in class on Thursday.

Like I've said before I'm sure my classmate didnt mean anything by this comment, but seriously, why would you say that.

"Maybe there wasnt any coverage over her because the media didnt reinforce the negative sytereotype that we already have." *

Or something like that...

Anyway, the girl, whether she was black, white, yellow or red, was a mother and I'm sure she was a good mother, so just because she may have made a mistake in her life and wasn't married before having kids does not make her less of a person. Her kids were a blessing from God and I dont think that that should make a negative stereotype of any person or group of people.

*I'm sure these weren't her exact words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home