Not saying it as we speak...

My unsaid thoughts.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Communitarian Ethics

When reading this chapter I came to the conclusion that in order for a journalist to take the communitarian approach he must review, acknowledge, and embrace all characteristics of his community. He must report the story so it will be relative to all members of his community, not only the greatest majority.

One idea that I didn't understand when reading this chapter is:
"Community is a possible aim but not an ingredient of our human identity."
I'm thinking that it means - just because we strive to be in a community, that community does not make us who we are - I'm really not for sure.

However, the idea that "Fulfillment is never achieved in isolation, but only through human bonding." is interesting. I'm guessing it's saying that we can't fully make ourselves happy without the interaction of others. We need a sense of community to feel whole as one person.

This chapter was more interesting than chapter three, I hope that my understanding of this chapter is better than the last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home