Not saying it as we speak...

My unsaid thoughts.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Original Bad Boy.....

Well at least for my generation...

Who would've known that the Beast from Beauty and the Beast was actually a bad boy? It's amazing how we never really realize where we develop some of these images we have of what we want until it is blatantly pointed out to you. I never wouldve imagined, even after I have seen this movie sooo many times, that the beast was a bad boy. He yells, he bangs on doors, knocks people around, and tears up families ( you know your average modern day bad boy), hmmm... I'm wondering if it wasn't for this being a Disney movie, would he swear, and possibly beat Belle every now and then.

When watching the movie, and seeing the little girls say that as long as you continue to stay nice, your prince will finally come out of this mean, evil person, I was completely mortified. That's what girls think. That we can change a man from being this awful person into a prince charming. And that's not true.

Now I doubt that Disney can take all the credit for turning us girls into what we've become, however, we learn so much at these young ages, I can't help but believe that Disney is probably the catalyst for most of these images.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home