Not saying it as we speak...

My unsaid thoughts.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Basketball Coach Defends Silence

"I think it's important for me to remember my place," he said during his annual summer meeting with reporters at Cameron Indoor Stadium. "I am the basketball coach. I'm not the president." - Mike Krzyzewski, Duke Lacrosse Coach.

No, he's not the president of Duke University, but he is the closest person to his players. If he doesn't know what is going on with his team, how is the president of the university to know? It doesn't seem like Duke University has publicity coaches for their faculty and staff. I understand that he may feel as though he may not have the authority to speak to the public about this situation, but he is the most relatable source in this incident (well besides the players). It seems as though he should be one of the main representatives in this situation.

Complete Article
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/sports/sportsspecial1/21duke.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home